Motivation Monday

So last week was the kickoff for the fall season of TNT.  Good turnout and I recognized a few of the mentors- so I foresee an awesome season ahead. J

Saturday…3 miles running in the rain. Boo.  I am just not a fan of the rain while running.  It’s very detrimental to my mood.  It makes me cranky.  I set out Saturday morning, to run 3 miles.  With a migraine. Woo.  At about a mile in I started to get nauseous every time I started to run, so I ended up walking a large portion of the route.  I have never wanted to quit as badly as I did that morning.  I was in pain and out of breath… sick and alone.  But I was far from my car, and therefore left with no choice other than to continue the route just to get back to my car.  I was a little miffed that I didn’t see my coach at all on the route.  This is my first go-round at “running” and I am positive that I need tips and pointers.
After the training I headed over to the Fundraiser that me and my team from work have been planning for weeks!  Zumba®!  We had a great turnout, and raised about $800!  It was awesome to see everyone dancing up a storm and enjoying themselves.  I will post some pics here soon.
Three weeks until my first half marathon.  And I am really starting to get nervous.  I don’t doubt my ability to finish…just the event itself…I have never done anything like this before, so I have tons of questions and I don’t know what to expect.  But I know it’s gonna be great!
And then once the Minneapolis half marathon is finished…training can really begin for the Nike Women’s half marathon in October.  I also want to do the Minneapolis Duathlon at the end of August.  A bunch of my friends are doing it, so I suppose now I have to.  But I need a bike first. J

0 comments:

Like this blog on Facebook!

Followers

Training Widget

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews