Duluth, MN Anniversary Trip 7/8-7/10/2011

The Amazing Jeff and I had been trying to decide for a few weeks where to go and what to do for our 2 year anniversary.  We talked about Vegas…but for now- too expensive.  We eventually settled on Duluth, MN.  Not only because it is close, but because he had never been there!
So on Friday July 8th we headed north! 

We had never gone away for the weekend for just us before.  Usually when we go out of town- it’s to family for holidays or the like.  This weekend was just for us.  I had a ton of fun planning a weekend that was amazing!
First we checked into the hotel once we arrived.  We stayed at the Super 8.  We shelled out the extra cash and got the king size bed, and a room with a fridge and microwave.  Let’s face it- left-overs rock.


Then, we called a taxi and headed to Pizza Luce’ in downtown Duluth.  We had some of the spiciest wings known to mankind.  I think they accidently gave us the wrong ones. 


 And then…
The best pizza at Pizza Luce’: A Ruby Rae.


And beers. Mmm beer.


Once we were done a Luce’ we walked down to Fitger’s Brewhouse.  For well…brew.
Along the way we saw...


It's kinda like being in Vegas...right??








Last stop of the night was Carmody’s Irish Pub.  I met the owner the last time I was there!


More tunes.

Then cabbed it home for some leftovers, and relaxing.

The next morning we went over to Perkins for some yummy food and then off to Target to get me some pants because I packed very poorly! It was supposed to be nice, but was freezing!  Once I had the pants situation covered we headed down to the Ferris wheel that I saw the night before all lit up on our way to Luce’! 

It was high.  Very high.  But fun!  There was a fun little carnival going on that day- so we saw some camels, and rode the Tilt-a-whirl! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo….




Then we walked down to Canal Park and had lunch and Little Angie’s Cantina…best food of the entire weekend.


Chips and Salsa, Fresh Margs and yummy tacos and BBQ burritos!





While walking back to the car at the carnival…we noticed that Duluth either is a very dirty city, or has a great sense of humor:


Heehee.

Then back to the hotel to get ready for the “romantic sunset dinner cruise” that I had booked and was so looking forward to.  It turned out to be not so fun…



1.       We had assigned seating…with another couple.  That makes holding hands across the table and making goo-goo eyes at each other all night rather difficult.  This little seating arrangement was not disclosed to me when I booked it. Bummer.



2.       It was foggy all day- no sun= no sunset. Again bummer.  Plus it was cold, poor packer here…all I had was a dress. Brrrrrr.



3.       The water was suuuper choppy.  Like make me sick choppy.  So I couldn’t really eat my dinner L but… it wasn’t that great anyway.  The Amazing Jeff’s…way better.


My dinner


The Amazing Jeff's dinner...yum

The desert on the other hand…

Sooooo worth it.  It made up for all the other bummers.








Snagged a few more pics, and some of the Ferris Wheel at night…and then back to the hotel.






So Sunday was …well really sunny.  And our actual anniversary!  We had an awesome weekend, and I cannot wait to do it again.  We both had a serious case of the Monday’s the next day.

Yay Duluth!

0 comments:

Like this blog on Facebook!

Followers

Training Widget

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews