Motivation Monday

What a weekend!
I had my first double digit weekend…14 miles in total.  Saturday was our first 10 mile training session…in the pouring rain.  I mean torrential downpour…I was soaked from head to toe within about 15 minutes.  It was no fun.  But- it felt so good to say that I had accomplished that.

Two of my TNT teammates lost their daughter to leukemia, and have set a goal to raise 1 million dollars in their lifetime for LLS.  They announced on Saturday that they are at just over $140,000!  That is amazing!  They hosted a pancake breakfast after the run/walk training.  Huge spread of food…and booze J


Then on Sunday I walked in the March of Dimes March for Babies.  4 miles in the freezing cold on May 1st.  I honestly did not think it was very well organized- the director sent out wrong directions to the participants, and I hate driving aimlessly around Minneapolis without knowing where I am going.  So I walked 4 miles just me and my ipod, and then when I got to the finish line my team had all left.  So I ate a cold hot dog and went home.  Yeah- won’t do that again.
 Suffice it to say that this was not a great weekend for outdoor training.  But I made it through, completed my training and the M4B walk…and today is a rest day. J  yay.
Last week I broke through a major wall on a training session mid week- I actually ran!  I was on my own, and was able to pick up my pace- to about a 17 minute mile…which is very fast for me.  And it felt amazing to run.  So- I am all in for an encore of that this Wednesday- and I can’t wait.  I just hope that I am not still this sore on Wednesday…
I needed a little pick me up last week, so I watched the video for the 2010 Minneapolis Marathon…and got super pumped…and at the end of the video the race director mentioned the Minneapolis Duathlon…waaaa?  So I checked that out…and I am ALL over it!  It’s the end of August…just 6 weeks before Nike- and I want in.  So- now I know for a fact that I am insane- 3 events in 5 months. Yep- totally nuts.
Well, not nuts- I just want to see how far I can go…how far can I push myself.  I want to see the edge of what I thought was possible for my body and mind…and go farther.  I have already amazed myself- I have not quit and this training has been hard, it’s been one of the most brutal winters here in MN and we have trained outside twice a week- every week since February…I don’t have a choice…I am a marathoner now!!

0 comments:

Like this blog on Facebook!

Followers

Training Widget

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews